Chronic or long-lasting pain, more common in older adults, can take both a physical and emotion toll on you. Here are some easy things to try when dealing with chronic pain:
- Experiment with heat, cold and massage.
- Change the way you do activities to try reducing the pain.
- Try a relaxation technique.
- Take control of the pain by accepting it and going on with activities you enjoy.
- Do something distracting.
- Expose yourself to humor.
- Practice positive self-talk.
- Consider alternative therapies in addition to your regular medical care.
- Join a support group.