Honoring NursesThursday, July 9, 2020
McGregor PACE Pays Tribute to Nurses
Here Are Some Nursing Stats You Should Know
May 6 through 12 was National Nurses Week. This year, nurses have had more light shed on what they do than in any other time in recent history. COVID-19 led to long shifts, dangerous work conditions, and a balance between honoring the oath they take to protect their patients and the dedication they have to protecting their families. We would like to honor them by sharing these amazing stats about our nurses:
- In a 2016 Gallup poll, nursing was ranked as the nation’s most honest and ethical profession.
- 12% of all nurses in the US are male - that’s up from around 2.7% back in 1970.
- Historically, RNs have experienced some of the highest injury and illness rates in the healthcare and social assistance sector.
- Nurses are statistically more likely to suffer a back injury than even construction workers!
- There are 10 nurses for every 3 doctors in the US.
At McGregor PACE, we hold the nurses we work within the highest regard. The services they provide for our program participants are invaluable. Our goal is to keep seniors in their homes and independent for as long as we can, and without our nursing team, that would be an impossible task. Let’s take some time to talk about our wonderful team and how they can improve the life of your senior loved ones!