Ask McGregor PACE: Why Would I Choose McGregor PACE's Program Instead of My Medicare Program?Saturday, August 31, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions for McGregor PACE.
What Does McGregor PACE Offer That Medicare Doesn’t?
Jon K. of Cleveland asks: “I am looking into care options for my father, and I have heard a lot about your program. I know that my father is eligible for Medicare PACE programs as well. Is there an advantage to going with McGregor PACE versus my father’s traditional Medicare programs?”
Jon asks a question that we hear often. The requirements for the programs are the same:
- 55 years of age or older
- Live in Cuyahoga County
- Qualifies for a nursing home level of care
- Can safely live in the community
Many of the basic care components are the same as well:
- Access to adult primary care during the day
- Access to emergency services
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Nutritional counseling
- Access to therapy
- Prescription drugs
- Social work/counseling
But McGregor PACE takes things a step further to provide unparalleled care versus traditional PACE programs. In addition to the traditional benefits afforded by Medicare, our program offers:
- Transportation to all programs and even rides outside of PACE events
- Activities and social engagement with people in the same age demographic
- Hot meals
- The opportunity to be seen by a physician in a private setting
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Dental care
- Foot care
- A ride home at the end of the day’s activities
Simply put, McGregor PACE extends the ability for our seniors to live more independently instead of being in full-time nursing home care. Not only does it make it possible to live on their own longer, it makes the quality of life better. Inactivity and lack of access to medical care and nutrition are huge reasons why seniors end up needing full-time care. McGregor PACE is here to help seniors be independent as long as they can!
To find out more about McGregor PACE or schedule a visit, click here!