Enjoy These Exercise-at-Work Tips
The National Association for Health and Fitness (NAHF) recognized May as Global Employee Health and Fitness Month. In May, employees from all over the globe registered at Global Employee Health and Fitness Month site and tracked all of their fitness and exercise activities to show what an impact exercise has on the body! Over 28,000 people registered to participate in this month-long program!
At McGregor PACE, we know that we can’t succeed without our staff operating at 100% in physical and mental areas of their lives, so we encouraged everyone on our team to participate in this worldwide event! We are sharing some exercises you can do at work to help keep you on the right path with your fitness journey.
- Grab a chair and do 25 tricep dips.
- Make large and tiny circles, clockwise and then counterclockwise, with your arms.
- Lift one leg and write the alphabet in the air using your ankle to navigate.
- Grab the back of a chair and do some calf raises.
- While seated, put your arms behind your head and lift your knee to your elbow and then alternate sides, doing seated sit-ups.
- Slowly roll your neck to stretch those muscles that have been staring down at a screen.
- Roll those shoulders to give your upper back a stretch.
- Do some wall sits by using the wall to balance and keeping your thighs parallel to the floor.
There are so many things you can do without ever leaving your work area to keep your activity level up. Stop every hour for a minute or so and do one of the activities listed above. We value our team and encourage them to take time to exercise every day. Sound like a team you’d like to be a part of? Check out our Careers at PACE page to see if we’re hiring and you just might be able to join the McGregor PACE team.